Subject: [Boost-users] BoostLog and BoostASIO don't seem to play nice together
From: james (dirtydroog_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-08 09:39:03

Hi,

I'm facing pretty much the same issue as was reported here in 2014:

http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/Boostlog-and-ASIO-crash-in-shared-library-td4667619.html

In short, I have a .so that wraps BoostASIO to create a HTTP client.
segfault or no callbacks being fired (even async_resolve which I believe
should eventually time-out).

Removing all uses of and linking to BoostLog in the main program makes it
all work again.

Before I try to produce a minimum example, is this a known issue?

Code is built with BOOST_LOG_DYN_LINK, asio is header only.

We're using boost 1.55, and g++ (Ubuntu 4.8.4-2ubuntu1~14.04.3) 4.8.4

Thanks
James