Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost::asio] Wait for multiple async_read()'s
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-24 21:16:49

On 25/01/2017 11:47, Adam Zegelin wrote:
> I swear I read the docs for boost::future multiple times, but it looks
> like its a fairly recent addition to the library (labeled
> experimental).
> Google has this tendency to link to older documentation sets (this
> always gets me when googling for postgres docs) and I probably Googled
> boost::future and ended up reading the docs from 20 years ago!
> Hint to boost devs: do what postgres does and have a link to the most
> recent doc version at the top of every page.

FWIW, the top Google hit for "boost future" links to the 1.55 docs
(which do not have when_all), but there is indeed a big yellow box at
the top of the page which links to the latest version.

Perhaps it didn't look enough like a hyperlink so you mentally skipped
it. :)

Or perhaps instead of entering the page at the top you entered at one of
the anchors further down? Perhaps that's an argument to style the
header so that it stays stuck at the top of the window, even when
scrolled down. (It also wouldn't be the first time that I've wished I
didn't have to scroll to get to the navigation arrows.) Although that
might annoy people on mobile browsers.