Subject: Re: [Boost-users] NEWBIE: Undefined references: How do I find the library that resolves an undefined reference - Expanded with log example and hope for a general solution
From: JENNINGS, LYNN M NH-03 USAF AFMC 517 SMXS/MXDPB (lynn.jennings_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-25 12:45:49

Thanks Richard and Andy for the timely response! Andy's answers provides the perfect example of my dilemma. When Andy said to check the MSDN documentation for ms742213, I quickly found that I needed the Ws2_32.lib library, which I was able to solve my issue. However, I also have the following:

1. boost::log::add_log_file(...) with a sinks::file::rotation_at_time_point(...)
2. boost::random::random_device range;

I made a guess with the log and added boost_log_setup_mgw48-mt-d-1_61 and boost_log_ mgw48-mt-d-1_61, but these libraries didn't resolve my issue. When I check the boost documentation (I realize that many of the boost additions just require header files, which the examples are careful to specify. I figure this must require a library because I am getting an undefined error.), there were many mentions of a library, but I couldn't find where the name of the library was specified!

So I hope there is a general way to determine the name of the boost library so I do not need to keeping asking about particular undefined errors. In the past, I have been able to google the undefined error and find the library reference, but

Thanks again for all of your help!