Subject: [Boost-users] [bip] alignment/padding differs
From: Jan Boehme (jan.boehme_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-02-22 10:44:32

Hi,

I'm using interprocess to share mem between different processes.
Unfortunately these processes were built using different compiler
version (gcc3, gcc4, gcc5) and we're seeing different alignment or
padding dependent on which run-time was in charge of creating the mapped
files. Of course we used the same boost version (1.60) while creating
the binaries.

Obviously ip can't handle these different layouts and mostly runs in
indefinite loops while traversing an rb-tree not finding the first shm
object.

Are there any template parameters that enable the code to be accessed
using different run times through forcing the same layout?

Thanks a lot,
Jan.