Subject: Re: [Boost-users] libc++-5 doesn't know auto_ptr anymore
From: bebuch (benni.buch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-02-23 15:27:33

Unfortunately these aren't solutions for my problem, but for the counterpart
of it.

I don't need auto_ptr, but the boost implementation of shared_ptr does.

If the standard library (libc++ in this case) does not provide
std::auto_ptr, I can't use boost::shared_ptr. (Again I won't use
boost::shared_ptr, but the other boost libraries I use do.) The best
solution would be, when boost::dll, boost::filesystem and boost::spirit::x3
would use std::shared_ptr instead of boost::shared_ptr if available. (The
same with boost::filesystem and std::filesystem by the way.)

To clarify my question: Is there a way to disable std::auto_ptr overloads
inside the boost library? Especially inside the Boost Smart Ptr library.