Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Is Boost API 32Bit only?
From: Andrej Georgi (ageorgi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-18 20:13:21

Thank you for your reply Gavin and the helpfull informations.

I found a preliminary solution for my problem. MSYS2 has a prebuild
Boost package.

The problem seems to be the compiler which complained about typecasting
from "long" to "DWORD". The result was an incorrect choice for an
overloaded function. Yes MSYS2 header include overloaded 32 Bit windows
functions which use _int64 in contrast to original windows.

The compiler prefered __int64 over DWORD for long. There are different
solutions to this problem.

Anyway I doupt the MSYS2 system can compile Boost becorse
_beginthreadex() is missing in process.h. This could be a configuration
problem as well I will investigate later if needed.

Basicaly I don't need 64Bit API but in case 32 Bit will disapear I don't
want to migrate my old code. For Boost to realy implement 64-Bit "long
long" types are needed in the API instead of "long".