Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [format] warning...warning...warning
From: David Bellot (david.bellot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-23 15:16:37

> So this is my first user experience. Not impressed at all. Boost will not
> be my reference.

You can't just judge such a huge collection of C++ libraries by simply
testing it on one example, with only one library.

Boost is a collection of libraries, not a single library. Hundreds of
people contributed to it for many years and Boost has been recognized as
one of the best set of C++ libraries by .... huh... the rest of the world.

Did you know, for example, it's a requirement for almost all C++ job in the
world now, to know about Boost ?

So you have two solutions:

- the first one, which is the worst, is to stop using C++ because big parts
of C++ (starting from C++11) come from Boost. In that case, you should
simply learn another language,

- the second option, which I hope you will choose, is to work a bit harder
learning C++ and Boost, asking to the community whenever you have a
problem, even if you think it's trivial because we are always happy to help
new users. And, when you're ready, contribute to Boost if you wish, to help
us improve every single part of it.

Also you can have a look at this online book on Boost:
https://theboostcpplibraries.com/