Subject: Re: [Boost-users] License questions
From: Jon Kalb (jonkalb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-24 18:41:49

You could also contact the lawyer for Software Freedom Conservancy, which is the legal entity of which the Boost Libraries are a project.

Or you could save yourself a long of time, money, and heartache and just use the libraries. This is the intent of the license and is the understanding of every contributor to the libraries and everyone that has ever been involved with Boost at any point in its existence.

Jon

On 2017-03-23, 2:35 PM, "Boost-users on behalf of Mateusz Loskot via Boost-users" <boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden] on behalf of boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

    On 23 March 2017 at 22:23, Julian D. via Boost-users
    <boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> That appears to be the definition of what license they wanted, not the
> actual license.

    And they they got what they wanted. The pages says it clearly.

    "It was requested that a single Boost license be developed that met
    the traditional requirements that Boost licenses, particularly:
    (...)
    The result is the Boost Software License:
    (...)"

> The license body makes it unclear if I can use this in a
> closed-source commercial environment

    Contact a lawyer then.

    Best regards,