Subject: Re: [Boost-users] License questions
From: Wouter van Ooijen (wouter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-25 18:16:21

Op 23-Mar-17 om 17:38 schreef Julian D. via Boost-users:
> I am making a confidential commercial closed-source program, and
> Boost's libraries seem useful for me. I can't tell if the Boost
> license allows me to include it in closed-source. Would anybody know?

Yours is a legal question, so the pedantic answer is that nobody can
know, because it is ultimately up to the judges in the different
jurisdictions to apply the license in relation to the prevalent laws.

But the license is rather simple and short. The first section states
that you can do boost what you want. The second section states a
limitation, but explicitly not for executable code. The last section is
just a BIG DISCLAIMER.

But when in doubt (a good state to be in) consult your company's lawyer.

Wouter "Objects? No Thanks!" van Ooijen