Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [release] Boost 1.64.0 Beta 1
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-26 02:25:59

On 3/25/2017 8:02 AM, Rainer Deyke via Boost-users wrote:

> On 23.03.2017 15:11, Rene Rivera via Boost-users wrote:
>> Please download the beta, give it a try, and report any problems you
>> encounter.
>
> I'm getting a lot of compile errors with Boost.Rational. In particular,
> expressions in the form 'rational<int>(a, b)', where 'a' or 'b' are
> different integer types (both convertible to 'int'), no longer compile.
>
> This change appears neither in the release notes nor in the documentation.

Can you please give an example of some constructor which worked in 1.63
not working in the 1.64 beta ?

There was a fix to rational based on floating point types not being
allowed as integer types anymore which may be the cause of what you are
seeing. I agree that some mention of this should have been put in the
release notes.