Subject: [Boost-users] [asio] Using ASIO to connect to https: using client certificate
From: Jim Gallogly (gallogly_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-29 14:28:54

I want to do a simple C++ web get, similar to what is done by this curl
command. I must use boost 1.49

curl https://mysite.dev -k --cert C:\work\testCert.pem

The server is requiring the client certificate.

I started by using this example
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_49_0/doc/html/boost_asio/example/ssl/client.cpp

and I added modifications by adding calls to the context like

ctx.set_verify_mode(boost::asio::ssl::verify_peer);
ctx.set_options(boost::asio::ssl::context::default_workarounds);
ctx.use_certificate_file("C:\\work\\testCert.pem",
boost::asio::ssl::context_base::pem);
ctx.use_private_key_file("C:\\work\\testKey.pem",
boost::asio::ssl::context_base::pem);

but I keep getting messages like

Connect failed: No connection could be made because the target machine
actively refused it

Any help or direction would be very appreciated,

Thanks,

Jim