Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Range, Phoenix] What am I missing...
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-04-25 09:04:13

On 24 April 2017 at 20:04, Robert Jones via Boost-users <
boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Michel Morin was long ago kind enough to diagnose this problem as being
> due to https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/2640
> which is about whether iterators may and should own their referents, but
> my trac-foo is not quite up to being certain
> whether this was ever fixed or indeed could or should be fixed.
>
> I'd appreciate a quick sentence confirming the current situation.

I don't think it's been fixed in range v2.
New efforts for ranges have mostly been happening in range v3, which has
decided to be a standalone library instead of Boost. In that model, the
equivalent of counting_range (iota), has iterators whose operator* return
by value.