Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.Python can't link using downloaded pre-compiled binaries
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-30 06:01:13

On 25/05/2017 15:01, Heng Zhou wrote:
> (5) Build under x64 configuration and got errors:
> 1>Source.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_PyString_Type
> 1>Source.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> __imp__Py_NoneStruct
> 1>C:\...\ConsoleApplication1\x64\Release\ConsoleApplication1.dll : fatal
> error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
>
> I have no idea what the matter is. I will greatly appreciate it if you
> can help me out.

I don't use Boost.Python myself so I can't give you more specific
instructions, but unresolved externals of __imp_* symbols mean that you
need to add an import library (the .lib) for a DLL, either by adding a
reference to it or by adding it to the linker project settings.

Given the names of the symbols, it's most likely one of the Python
runtime DLLs.