Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Regression in Boost.Variant with gcc6.3 in C++03 mode
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-27 17:26:42

> So I suspect this is a bug in 'type_traits' library, but I'm not sure. Hopefully somebody else can confirm. (I'm sorry but I don't know to whom should I CC this post.)

The short answer, is that a fully conforming is_convertible requires
C++11 language features, so your test code is fine in C++11 or 14 mode
but in 03 mode uses legacy code which is known not to work in every
circumstance.

clang works because the clang front end provides an intrinsic for
is_convertible which gcc does not (last I checked).

Of course that doesn't help you much, sorry, John.

---
http://www.avg.com