Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Is there a C++ implementation for numerical quadrature/cubature?
From: Easior Lars (easior.lars_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-20 02:09:32

Thank you for your useful information.

    JMvB> * The next release will have fairly simple adaptive trapezoidal quadrature.
    JMvB> * I'm trying to quash the last few CI failures for double-exponential quadrature
    JMvB> now (tanh-sinh, exp-sinh and sinh-sinh) - that looks to be a remarkably efficient
    JMvB> and general purpose integrator (and yes it works very well with arbitrary
    JMvB> precision types). That's targeted for 1.66.
    JMvB> * We have the bits in place for adaptive Gauss-Konrad, but haven't worked out the
    JMvB> details yet.... not sure if that one will make 1.66 or a later release.

I have forked boost math library on GitHub and want to make some
testing. However, I have three issues to ask you:

* Which branch does the quadrature exist in? develop or other branch?
* Can I build boost library just only with math module? I guess, I
  should checkout all of boost modules in order to success in
  building boost library.
    JMvB> If you wanted to try out the double-exponential code now, it's here:
    JMvB> https://github.com/boostorg/math/pull/72, I've currently broken the tests (!),
    JMvB> but the headers are all ready to go, and if you'd like to give the new code a
    JMvB> test drive and report back that would be great. As with most quadrature routines,
    JMvB> it's fairly easy to break if you're cunning enough (which is why the tests are
    JMvB> currently broken!), but it does handle endpoint singularities very well, and is a
    JMvB> lot more robust and efficient than I expected. I've put a PDF build of the docs
    JMvB> from that branch here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9uwe1tujc0p12b5/math.pdf?dl=0you
    JMvB> will need to navigate to the tools->quadrature section (page 745).
* Can you tell how to build Boost.math documentation? I found it is
  diffcult to build Boost documentations by boostbook. Is there any
  guideline to do this?

--
Best wishes,
Easior Lars