Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [geometry] Runtime dimensionality
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-27 07:17:58

On 27 September 2017 at 03:57, Florian Lindner <mailinglists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Am 26.09.2017 um 14:40 schrieb Mateusz Loskot:
>> On 26 September 2017 at 04:02, Florian Lindner via Boost-users
>> <boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>>
>>> We have a Vertex object, with a dimension determined at runtime. T
>>
>> This is not possible.
>> Dimension is compile-time trait of any model in the Geometry,
>> intrinsic or adapted.
>> Unless my info is outdated.
>
> Ok, I expected that. Is there maybe a way to define the rtree's dimensionality upon creation? So that I can do:
>
> rtree<3, size_t, RTreeParameters, VertexIndexGetter>;
>
> 3 beging the dimension.

The only run-time parameters rtree can take are for balancing configuration.

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_65_1/libs/geometry/doc/html/geometry/spatial_indexes/creation_and_modification.html

Unless, again, something has changed and rtree can swallow-adapt `Value` type
of any dimension. I'm sure Adam will chime in with further clarifications.

Best regards,