Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Analogous to DESTDIR for Boos installation
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-29 04:31:46

On 27/09/2017 23:00, Leo Cacciari wrote:
> To prepare the package to be distributed (the actual packaging system
> used is irrelevant here, simply assuming a tar.gz would do) I need,
> however, to "install" everything under some other path, say
> /path/to/package/content.
>
> When using gnu packages, I usually do something like
>
> ./configure --prefix=/some/path
> make
> make DESTDIR=/path/to/package/content install
>
> and then I can prepare and distribute my package.
>
> I'm unable to find an analogous procedure for Boost. More exactly, I
> do not found a way to invoke the install phase of b2 with a different
> prefix than the one specified to the stage phase through the --prefix
> options to boostrap.sh

You should be able to just do it:

   b2 --prefix=/path/to/package/content install

Alternatively, if that does something undesirable, use this:

   b2 --stagedir=/path/to/package/content/lib stage

This will copy all the binaries to the designated folder. It doesn't
copy the include files, but you can do that manually fairly easily.