Subject: [Boost-users] [stacktrace] Trace information from GetExceptionInformation()?
From: Nat Goodspeed (nat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-05 15:31:10

In an __except() filter expression (Microsoft Structured Exception),
it's legal to call GetExceptionInformation() to retrieve a pointer to
an _EXCEPTION_POINTERS struct. A little bit of Google searching turned
up a few recipes for walking the stack information indirectly provided
by that _EXCEPTION_POINTERS data.

Would it be reasonable to have a Microsoft-specific stacktrace
constructor accepting _EXCEPTION_POINTERS*? Or perhaps a factory
function? I would like to be able to capture the platform-specific
_EXCEPTION_POINTERS information, but then, once I have it in hand,
engage the rest of the Boost.Stacktrace functionality.

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered. If so, please
simply point me to the previous discussion.

Thank you!