Subject: [Boost-users] Boost Unit Test: How to run only the enabled tests of a test suite?
From: Maarten Anonymous (anonymous.maarten_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-27 01:03:42

Hey,

I'm looking for a way to only run the enabled unit tests of a tests suite.

I have the following test suite:

#define BOOST_TEST_MODULE decorator_predicate#include
<boost/test/included/unit_test.hpp>namespace utf = boost::unit_test;

BOOST_AUTO_TEST_SUITE(test_suite_1)

BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE(bare_test){
  BOOST_TEST(true);}

BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE(enabled_test,
  * utf::enabled()){
  BOOST_TEST(true);}

BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE(disabled_test,
  * utf::disabled()){
  BOOST_TEST(false);}

BOOST_AUTO_TEST_SUITE_END()

BOOST_AUTO_TEST_SUITE(test_suite_2)

BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE(bare_test){
  BOOST_TEST(true);}

BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE(enabled_test,
  * utf::enabled()){
  BOOST_TEST(true);}

BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE(disabled_test,
  * utf::disabled()){
  BOOST_TEST(false);}

BOOST_AUTO_TEST_SUITE_END()

Compilation and running:

# Compile the test
g++ predicate.cpp -o predicate
# List all tests./predicate --list_content
test_suite_1*
    bare_test*
    enabled_test*
    disabled_test
test_suite_2*
    bare_test*
    enabled_test*
    disabled_test
# Run the tests that are enabled by default./predicateRunning 4 test cases...
*** No errors detected
# Here, I would like to only run the enabled tests of test_suite_1.#
Instead, all tests are run. Including the disabled../predicate -t
test_suite_1Running 3 test cases...
predicate.cpp(21): error: in "test_suite_1/disabled_test": check false
has failed
*** 1 failure is detected in the test module "decorator_predicate"

How can I only run the enabled tests of tst_suite1?

Only bare_test and enabled_test should be run.

Thanks!