Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Beast] Problems in getting started with Beast
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-11-14 14:44:27

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 12:04 PM, Sharklaser Lasershark via
Boost-users <boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I'm migrating a project from libcurl to Beast. I'm trying to compile
> http_client_async.cpp, but 110 errors come from "file_win32.ipp" and
> "file_win32.hpp", mostly missing declarations and members.

First of all apologies for the trouble. The reason you are having
errors is because the master/develop branches of Beast only work with
the latest master branch of Boost.Asio. This is because Beast is about
to be released in Boost 1.66.0, and Asio was recently updated. On the
bright side, Beast now uses the "Networking TS-flavored" Asio.

If you want to use Beast with Boost 1.65.1, you should use Beast
version 124 which is available as a tag in the Git repository:

<https://github.com/boostorg/beast/tree/v124>

Alternatively, you can clone the Boost superproject and use Beast that
way. You will be using the latest master branches of Boost, which
resemble closely that which will ship in 1.66.0.

Once again apologies, and this situation is only temporary until Boost
1.66.0 is released (then you can just use 1.66.0 which will have Asio
and Beast that work together).

Regards