Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::asio::buffer bug with string literal
From: Martijn Otto (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-11-29 11:59:42

I don't think std::string should be a problem in this case, if you want
to construct a buffer from an std::string, you wouldn't be using this
overload anyway, since it's a pointer to a char, not an array of
characters.

It would only be a problem for someone who has a proper array of chars
that is not null-terminated. This is not exactly unimaginable, but it's
certainly unlikely and nothing is preventing anyone from using unsigned
char here.