Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Easy install doesn't
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-12-07 15:01:37

From: Boost-users [mailto:boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Jean-Louis Leroy via Boost-users
Sent: 07 December 2017 12:39
To: boost-users_at_[hidden]
Cc: Jean-Louis Leroy
Subject: [Boost-users] Easy install doesn't

I downloaded the current version of boost from here: http://www.boost.org/users/download/ (the Unix tgz)

All the headers and other stuff should be in the package.

When you have unpacked it, do you have the folder tree as outlined in the getting started instructions?

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_61_0/more/getting_started/unix-variants.html#id20

It should be at wherever you unpacked the .tgz (your boost_root location).

Most of Boost is header only!

Check that you can build a ‘hello Boost world’ example before you try any library building stuff.

HTH

Paul

Then I religiously followed these instructions:

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_61_0/more/getting_started/unix-variants.html#easy-build-and-install

It didn't install much of anything useful...just stuff in /usr/local/share/boost-build, apparently the build system. No headers were installed, no libs were built or installed...

I tried to install from debian packages and that failed miserably too but that's another story...

Help please?