Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Question regarding boost binary serializer which is eating 90GB of memory, while re-reading the same content.
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-20 16:42:10

On 1/19/18 11:52 PM, dinesh kumar via Boost-users wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Greetings for the day.
>
> I am trying to understand the behavior of Boost's binary
> serializer(Boost version 1.65). Please consider the below example, where
> I am inserting one record into the file, and trying to read the same
> record 5 times.

It would not occur to me to use the serialization library in this case.
The serialization library saves/restores a whole data structure of
arbitrary complexity. It does it with one call. It doesn't really
support "picking apart" the saved file. It's not a file protocol - it's
much, much more than that. If you intervene in the process, you'll
likely be surprised at what you get.

Robert Ramey