Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Using Boost 1.66 with VS2017
From: Good Guy (xfsgpr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-01 00:49:59

On 31/01/2018 17:39, Tim Burgess via Boost-users wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m getting the following message during compilation of my application:
>
> 1>Info: Boost.Config is older than your compiler version - probably
> nothing bad will happen - but you may wish to look for an update Boost
> version. Define BOOST_CONFIG_SUPPRESS_OUTDATED_MESSAGE to suppress
> this message.
>
> I don’t want to suppress the message, but would appreciate any mods I
> need to do to actually stop its cause.
>
> Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>
> Best wishes.
>
> Tim Burgess

I don't know the answer to your question because I had a similar problem
but it was about angle brackets for include files as opposed to
something like this"boost.h". I managed to sort it out by defining the
include folder in the IDE and it worked but I choose only the certain
libraries that I am interested in.

You may also be interested in this:

<https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog/2018/01/10/boost-test-unit-testing-dynamic-library-support-and-new-item-template/?utm_source=vs_developer_news&utm_medium=referral>

Good luck and I'll keep an eye on this thread.