Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Using Boost 1.66 with VS2017
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-01 10:50:49

On 01/02/2018 10:13, Paul A. Bristow via Boost-users wrote:

> [...]

Not a bug - that's the way it's supposed to work.  It's a gentle warning
that the Boost release you're using hasn't been tested with that msvc
release.

VS2017 update 5 came out at about the same time as 1.66 so we hadn't had
a chance to adjust Boost.Config for the new features in that release,
neither did we have a regression test runner for that compiler at that
time.   So you can either:

* Ignore it and wait for 1.67: some compiler features which could have
been enabled will still be disabled (as per the previous msvc release).
* Define the macro indicated to shut it up.
* Download the current Boost.Config master from
https://github.com/boostorg/config/archive/master.zip and extract the
contents of /include/boost/ over the top of your boost-root/boost/.

HTH, John.

---
http://www.avg.com