Subject: [Boost-users] Credits to Boost.Asio
From: David Demelier (markand_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-04-13 06:29:37

Hello,

I'm the author of irccd [0], a C++ IRC bot extensible with plugins. Up
to the 3.0.0 version current in development, I had my network code
written by myself (being used of lots of poll(2) usage in C). I have
switched to Boost.Asio a while ago to remove my own code and facilitate
further development.

Even though I think it has its learning curve, I enjoyed a lot the
switch and tested my IRC bot to connect 100 times in the same instance
to my own local IRC server. It took less than 2 seconds to join all
requested channels, taking only 2MB of RAM. This is just awesome.

Congratulations for this powerful module :)

[0]: http://projects.malikania.fr/irccd

--
David