Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Is it safe to download boost_1_67_0-msvc-14.1-64.exe?
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-06-26 05:00:48

On 26 June 2018 at 01:05, Tom Kent via Boost-users <
boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Please don't take it on trust. If you get a warning for the binaries,
> check the hashes, then check the signature on the hashes!

I don't think that hacker would be smart enough to change the boost code,
hack into the web-site and replace the binary, while at the same time being
so stupid as not to change the hashes as well. The hashes serve to verify
that your download was correct, it's not a security.

degski

--
*"If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*