Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost 1.68.0, clang, windows
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-07-07 04:18:44

On 6 July 2018 at 17:00, Paul A. Bristow via Boost-users <
boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Yes please - doesn't work for me at present - doesn't make any .a library
> files.
>
> Works for me using Codeblocks on Windows to generate the library *.a files

You write firstly "it works" and the next sentence "it doesn't work", if
you expect someone to help you, you'd have to clarify. If "it works" in CB,
surely you must be able to write a batch (or bash) file that does what CB
does.

Where does CodeBlocks (last time I looked it was an IDE) come into the
picture? Surely you're using b2/bjam.

There's also this article
<https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog/2017/07/19/using-mingw-and-cygwin-with-visual-cpp-and-open-folder/>
: tl;dr VS works fine with MinGW (just do like I show you).

degski

---
*"If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*