Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Serialization and class versioning
From: tim_at_[hidden]
Date: 2018-08-02 20:28:36

Hi Robert,

Many thanks for coming back to me. I'm afraid I gave you bad information -
the version number in the file is 0, whilst the class definition is version
3, so the file should be read in and the additional class elements would be
added at run-time and could be saved back to a new edition of the file. I'm
confused because I have other classes using the same technique that don't
blow up. No exceptions are thrown until the serialization routine is
complete and an attempt is made to assign the result to a variable. I've
written a test harness that successfully creates and reads new files - the
problem lies in importing older files.

Best wishes.

Tim Burgess