Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Specifying Compiler when invoking bootstrap.sh
From: Chris Glover (c.d.glover_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-11 13:31:42

On Tue, 7 Aug 2018 at 09:48 Michalke, Simon via Boost-users <
boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> simple question:
> How do I specify the compiler that will be used to compile boost
> directly? I would like to provide the whole path.
>
> I have a big CMakeProject that depends on Boost. And boost should be
> preferably build with the same Compiler.
>
> Regards,
> Simon

I don't understand your reason for doing this. As far as I know,
bootstrap.sh just builds the b2 executable, which can then invoke any
toolset to actually build boost. So, what you bootstrap with is irrelevant
to what you actually build boost with, because the resulting b2 should have
identical functionality regardless of what was used to compile it.

-- chris