Subject: Re: [Boost-users] mcgregor_common_subgraphs usage/complexity/performance/runtime
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-09-01 03:26:59

On Sat, 1 Sep 2018 at 01:09, Julian Wolf via Boost-users <
boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'm new to Boost and today I tried to use the mcgregor_common_subgraphs
> functions but can't find an explanation why the function shows such bad
> performance when I use it.

On windows/vc/boost-1.68, the same thing happens. The graphs are tiny
[reading and parsing should take most of the time], it looks more like you
[the algo] get stuck in a loop, i.e. you hit a cycle (in a graph) with 0.8
and not with 0.7 (or there's a bug in your algo, creating an endless loop).

degski

---
*“If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*
*“No, it isn’t truth. Truth isn’t truth" - Rudolph W. L. Giuliani*