Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Twenty years and time to retire
From: Michael Powell (mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-09-24 20:53:58

On Sat, Sep 22, 2018 at 10:20 AM Beman Dawes via Boost-users
<boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> The idea behind Boost was hatched in March, 1998, and the proposal document was released May 6, 1998. That makes Boost twenty years old, and makes me twenty years older. It is high time I retire from Boost; I haven't been able to contribute for some time now.
>
> Thanks to all of you who made Boost such an overwhelming success in the past and will drive Boost forward into a bright future!

It's been a little while since I last used boost, and filesystem in
particular, but from what I could tell, it did flow fairly naturally,
almost like a built-in DSL of sorts for file systems.

Yours will be big shoes to fill, I imagine. Cheers, and best of luck
in your future endeavors!