Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost Multiprecision list.
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-26 15:41:00

From: Boost-users [mailto:boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of A Z via Boost-users
Sent: 26 October 2018 06:03
To: boost-users_at_[hidden]
Cc: A Z
Subject: [Boost-users] Boost Multiprecision list.

I am aware the the boost multiprecision library is a headers library.

-Is Boost multiprecision accurately arbitrary precision, ie.

can have its number precisions and scales always made to a larger number,

contingent only to the amount of available OS memory?

I believe so - subject to the additional constraint that you may have to wait for an arbrarily long time for computations to
complete ;-)

arbitrary precision is always necessarily slow L

(using MPFR as the backend is faster than the fully Boost license code.

-If I want to use boost Boost multiprecision on its own,

what is the name of the Boost .dll or .lib files that have all the headers

in it? I need a minimal set of files in order to run multiprecision on its own.

Boost.Multiprecision is header only, but uses other Boost libraries.

There are NO .lib or .dll files, only .hpp files.

In effect, you must install Boost as per the getting started instructions.

And make sure that these Boost included files are visible to the compile process.

Try to run any of many examples given before you go any further.

HTH

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow