Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Error building Spirit parser in VS2017
From: Gavin Lambert (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-31 04:28:12

On 31/10/2018 16:28, Michael Powell wrote:
> I can defined _SILENCE_FPOS_SEEKPOS_DEPRECATION_WARNING instead, but
> clearly if seekpos() is always returning 0, there's going to be some
> regressions.
>
> So... What's the recourse beyond that? Depending on the deprecated
> (always returning zero) seekpos() is the wrong thing to do.

When it follows that codepath, it doesn't use _only_ the zero, it
combines it with another non-zero value so that it should still produce
the correct answer.

But if you want to avoid it entirely, then you need to do one of:

  1. Use the 14.0 toolset.
  2. Wait for the release of Boost 1.69.
  3. Apply this patch to your local Boost:
       https://github.com/boostorg/iostreams/pull/57/files