Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.Beast vs Boost.Asio
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-12-04 10:17:28

Authors should never write their own docs ;-)

> > Fair enough. Better to have a workaround than nothing. But until
> > somebody with more OpenSSL knowledge comes with a proper fix, wouldn't
> > the workaround be better in the Asio repository?
>
> Yes this would be better if it was fixed upstream (in Asio).
>
> > To be fair, I don't know how the different Boost libraries are
> > developed. Maybe it's too difficult for the developer of one library
> > to contribute to another library?
>
> Each Boost library is like its own kingdom with its own ruler. Within
> a library, the author is mostly free to do as they wish. It would be
> nice to resolve some of these issues though.

Do 'see also' links of the form

https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/release/doc/html/other_library/... help here

help in resolving this?

Both libraries could (should even) helpfully cross-link each other?

A PR that is just a link is much more likely to be accepted than something that needs real effort?

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse