Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.Filesystem perms on Windows
From: Lars (laasunde_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-12-07 13:12:27

Gavin,

Appreciate the response.

In your response you say "the read bits are always set" - is that based on read-only attribute or Windows permission settings?

I appreciate this might be complicated but the Windows implementation of permissions is rather surprising and not comparable to viewing "Security" on a file in Windows Explorer. Maybe a more visible and clearer description of permissions in the documentation is in order. I have certainly spent hours trying to use permissions with an incorrect view of its functionality 😊

kind regards, Lars