Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [corountine2/context] forced_unwind exception on Windows with TDM-GCC
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-12-15 06:41:02

On 14/12/2018, Hao Jiang via Boost-users <boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am porting my program from Linux to Windows with boost coroutine2.

Why don't you use MSVC or Clang/LLVM then [to do that]?

> Platform: windows 7 64 bit
> Boost: 1.67/1.69
> Compiler: TDM-GCC 5.1 64bit.

Iff you must go the MinGW(64) route, the tool chain you chose is not
very up-to-date [could cause your problem?] and support/dev seems to
have stopped.

I suggest you give https://nuwen.net/ a spin, it is very complete
[includes a.o. boost pre-built [for Haswell, last time I looked]].

What's also quite good [and very up-to-date, weekly builds] is
http://www.equation.com/servlet/equation.cmd?fa=fortran , it includes
gfortran [handy for building OpenBlas in case you need that, or
download MKL from Intel instead].

Then there is this tool-chain
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Multilib%20Toolchains%28Targetting%20Win32%20and%20Win64%29/ray_linn/gcc-8.x-with-ada/
, you can use it to build 32 and 64 bit binaries [includes fortran and
ada]. This tool chain has a problem with it's C++ library [thread]
headers, though. For the latter problem a [mostly] complete fix is the
be found here: https://github.com/meganz/mingw-std-threads .

degski

--
*“If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*