Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Understanding fibers
From: Oliver Kowalke (oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-12-17 12:46:59

Unfortunately, I can’t help you with fibers: I’ve went with coroutines
> https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_68_0/doc/html/boost_asio/overview/core/spawn.html
> not the least because it seems (! – I have to test this, I don’t fully
> trust the documentation on this) that exceptions can propagate nicely out
> of a coroutine handler and to the top-level event loop. According to the
> documentation, this isn’t the case for fibers, if an unhandled exception
> propagates out of the fiber’s stack frame, the program is terminated.

boost.coroutine(2) and boost.fiber are base on boost.context - exceptions
can be transported between different contexts. boost.fiber is modeled after
std::thread -> if you use fiber::future<> you get the exceptions propagated
from the fiber.