Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Asio] Combining use_future with strands
From: Sorin Fetche (sorin.fetche_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-12-17 17:23:16

On Sun, Dec 16, 2018, 11:52 PM Richard Hodges wrote:

> I've been discussing a very similar thing with Vinnie Falco, here:
> https://github.com/boostorg/beast/issues/1366
>

> On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 at 13:39, Sorin Fetche via Boost-users <
> boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

>> Is there a way to combine the special use_future completion token with a
>> strand?

 If this is not currently possible, shouldn't it be an issue (bug/missing
feature) of Asio?

Initially, when writing the code, I was kind of expecting that
asio::bind_executor works with asio::use_future, but the compiler disagreed
with me. So, I think I'll raise an issue on this against the Boost.Asio
library.

Best regards,
Sorin