Subject: [Boost-users] odeint: how to solve ODE as you go without deciding upfront what the interval is?
From: Yuri (yuri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-12-19 09:03:29

The function 'integrate' solves ODE for a pre-defined interval of time.

What if I don't know what the interval is? I just need a few values, and
then I would like to decide if I need more values, and when to stop.

I don't want to just solve for some arbitrarily large interval, because
this would waste CPU.

On the other hand, choosing the shorter original interval and then
continuing would introduce unnecessary errors if one would do this too
many times.

It seems like either the 'observer' function should have another
argument: 'stop', or the interface should allow continuation.

Yuri