Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [uuid] constexpr uuid from string and ""_uuid literal
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-12-23 12:55:11

Could use of Boost macros

Macros that allow use of C++11 features with C++03 compilers

BOOST_CONSTEXPR_OR_CONST, BOOST_CONSTEXPR or BOOST_STATIC_CONSTEXPR

that make code work that will work on all compiler versions

https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_69_0/libs/config/doc/html/boost_config/boost_macro_reference.html

?

The value of BOOST_NO_CXX11_CONSTEXPR The compiler does not support constexpr.

might also prove useful?

Removing C++03 on existing stuff will be disruptive and unpopular.

(New libraries can use C++anything without annoying anyone already happily using it ;-)

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse