Subject: Re: [Boost-users] I ran b2 with the -d+2 command and redirected the output to a file
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-01-06 18:13:11

From: Boost-users [mailto:boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Osman Zakir via Boost-users
Sent: 06 January 2019 16:33
To: boost-users_at_[hidden]
Cc: Osman Zakir

I managed to build it with MSVC. But none of the <cxxflags> arguments worked so I had to them all out of the configuration file.

I built it with the "--layout=versioned" setting, but when I tried to build Jinja2Cpp again by specifying
-DBOOST_ROOT=C:/boost_msvc/include/boost-1_69 because the header files are inside the "boost" directory at that location (I think
this is a weird installation directory path for Boost, though), CMake still couldn't find Boost. I looked in FindBoost.cmake module
before and saw that there's code in there for finding Boost version 1.69.0 as well, so I don't know why it's not working.

Cmake Boost is a work-in-progress, so don't be surprised if it doesn't work 'out-of-the-box' L

Only some of the Boost libraries are CMake 'enabled', and lots of the ones with lots of dependencies therefore may not work.

I suspect you will have to work it out.

Make sure that you can build some simple hello_world examples first? Before you try to do something complicated like jinja2cpp.

The file structure is complicated for complex reasons, some historical.

Running

>b2 headers

creates symlinks for each so that /boost/any_library gets you, for example, to

\modular-boost\libs\any_library\include\boost

modular-boost is the boost root if you are getting develop or master from gihub,

or where you downloaded and installed the 1.69 release to.

Jinja2Cpp has Boost in the submodules (the code is all on GitHub), but the version of Boost that they have is 1.64. I wonder if
that's why it can't find 1.69.

Very likely!

Could be that the version in the submodule is too old.

Probably best to always get Boost stuff direct from the Boost.org site and always use the latest, least buggy - we hope.

And find where to tell junja2cpp to look for boost root.

Good luck.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow