Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Server application won't bind to ports on IP address other than my internal ones
From: Gavin Lambert (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-01-10 23:07:37

On 11/01/2019 07:35, Osman Zakir wrote:
> Thanks for that, but then why is it not binding to a port when Heroku
> tries to bind it?  Is Heroku also running behind a firewall on my computer?

Define what you mean when you say "Heroku". Because a quick Google says
that's a cloud platform, which suggests it doesn't run on your computer
at all. In which case you would have to run Richard's command on the
cloud machine, not your own machine.

Normally in the server code you should just bind to 0.0.0.0 always, and
let the network configuration figure out which port to make externally
accessible. It only really matters when you're trying to write a DMZ
app that provides different content or security for different network
routes on a multi-homed server, or similar discretionary cases.

Read a good book on how networks work.