Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Server application won't bind to ports on IP address other than my internal ones
From: Leon Mlakar (leon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-01-12 11:23:22

On 12.01.2019 11:28, Osman Zakir via Boost-users wrote:
> If I configure a reverse proxy on Apache for my server app, will it
> need to be able to see my external IP address? And yeah, I'm using
> Windows, so I have an NAT and a firewall. Is there a way I can let
> networked apps like ipconfig see my external IP address, or is it
> really impossible?  It'd be good if I could get it to work without
> having to turn off NAT.

Sir,

as you have been repeatedly told in this thread your problem has nothing
to do with the boost code and everything with you network environment
and your lack of understanding the fundamentals of networking. Please do
hit the good books on networking basics or seek the (possibly non-free)
advice from a network expert. Networking focused forums and groups may
also help you, albeit not without understanding the networking basics.

This is a boost users mailing list, primarily focused on problems with
using boost libraries and many people here do an excellent (non-payed)
job on giving us advice and offering a helping hand when we are in
trouble. It is disrespectful to them to keep asking the same, or
similar, questions over and over again although being already told that
this has nothing to do with either with the library or with your code.

Also, top posting is a sign of bad etiquette.

Best regards,

Leon Mlakar