Subject: Re: [Boost-users] is boost::container::static_vector header only library?
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-01-17 04:52:08

On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 at 16:43, Sivaram L via Boost-users <
boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I am working on a embedded systems project, where we are exploring
> options to use STL containers without dynamic memory allocation

You could look into the ETL (Embedded Template Library), they [it] provides
what you need for your purpose: https://github.com/ETLCPP/etl .

*Summary*

The ETL is not designed to completely replace the STL, but complement it.
Its design objective covers three areas.

   - Create a set of containers where the size or maximum size is
   determined at compile time. These containers are direct equivalents of
   those supplied in the STL.
   - Be compatible with C++ 03 but implement as many of the C++ 11
   additions as possible.
   - Add other useful components that are not present in the standard
   library.

The embedded template library has been designed for lower resource embedded
applications. It contains a set of containers, algorithms and utilities,
some of which emulate parts of the STL. There is no dynamic memory
allocation. The library makes no use of the heap. All of the containers
have a fixed capacity allowing all memory allocation to be determined at
compile time. The library is intended for any compiler that supports C++ 03.

degski

--
*“If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*