Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Networking TS + Beast, NEW Tutorials, Read this to learn std::net !!!
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-15 14:46:07

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 7:38 AM Stian Zeljko Vrba <vrba_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I have an idea of how to accomplish the same in C++, and
> it's not pleasant -- worker thread, promise/future, blocking
> queue and CancelSynchronousIO. Cannot even use
> std::async because CancelSynchronousIO needs a
> target thread ID.

Yes, yes! I see now...your ideas on how to implement it in C++
convince me more than anything that the documentation is the problem.
There's no need for any of that stuff, the code you provided could be
implemented in C++ using asio without too much fuss, and there are
actually several ways to do it all of which are succinct and will work
wonderfully.