Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Networking TS + Beast, NEW Tutorials, Read this to learn std::net !!!
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-17 02:42:09

On Sat, Mar 16, 2019 at 6:57 PM Jon Kalb via Boost-users <
boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Of any individual C++ library author today, my guess is that Eric would
have the best chance of attracting a large user base for his personal
GitHub, but I would still consider that exposure as below the bar of what
I’d like to see for a library that we are going to put into the standard
(given that, once in, we’ll never be able to drop support or modify the
ABI).

It appears that, depending on whom you know, it might be easier to get a
library in the C++ standard compared to getting it into Boost. This speaks
volumes, if not about the quality of the libraries being standardized, at
least about the different mindset of the people involved.

> I know that getting a library into Boost is no small task (Niall may know
that better than anyone on the planet), but if it is worth putting in std
then it is worth putting in Boost first.

It appears that he has learned his lesson and won't repeat that mistake. :)