From: Stephan Menzel (stephan.menzel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-09-03 05:09:56

Hello Christian and Mario, thanks for your responses.

I think I'm much closer to an implementation now.

Am Mo., 2. Sept. 2019 um 13:57 Uhr schrieb Cristian Morales Vega <
cristian_at_[hidden]>:

> > I would also appreciate any hints in general about own composed
> operations. Perhaps there are other approaches that are a bit less
> intimidating?
>
> Once you get used to it it's not really that intimidating. All the
> composed operations follow the same pattern and other than the
> "operator()" it's a lot of repetitive boilerplate, quite boring
> actually.

Yes, as I was moving forward this turnes out to be the problem now.
Essentially, most of the operations I have in mind combine tasks with
different completion token types. For example async_resolve() and
async_connect().
Once I saw how operator() basically acts as a handler for all the async ops
within this question became the most interesting one.

> If you look at
> https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_71_0/libs/beast/doc/html/index.html
> you will find a whole "Writing Composed Operations" section in the
> documentation.

I did have a look at Vince's tutorial but tbh I wanted so see the problems
that would be simplified first before jump right ahead.

I guess that's where I'm now ;-)

Cheers,
Stephan