From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-11-22 05:38:54

On 11/21/2019 4:51 PM, Robert Ramey via Boost-users wrote:
> On 11/21/19 10:49 AM, Edward Diener via Boost-users wrote:
>> On 11/21/2019 10:23 AM, Krzysztof Jusiak via Boost-users wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was wondering whether there is any interest in exploring a C++20
>>> single header/single module, macro-free Unit Testing Framework with
>>> no dependencies?
>>>
>>> Github: https://github.com/boost-experimental/ut
>>>
>>> Additional links:
>>> - Try it online: https://godbolt.org/z/uVDxkW
>>> - Benchmarks: https://github.com/boost-experimental/ut#benchmarks
>>> - How it works?: https://github.com/boost-experimental/ut#how-it-works
>>
>> Actual documentation, rather than a huge bunch of examples, is always
>> welcome for this programmer. Otherwise I have no idea what your code
>> is about or how to use it.
>
> Hmmm - what constitutes actual documentation in your mind as opposed to
> a "huge bunch of examples".  Sounds like you consider the examples
> unnecessary.

I did not find a single line of explanation in the docs of ut. Examples
are fine but if the entire documentation consists of examples I do not
think that is nearly enough to understand a library and what it is about.

I was hoping my comment would get the developer of ut to consider docs
that explain what his library is about, how to use it, and of what the
individual constructs of the library consists. But that is solely up to
the developer and if others find the docs adequate I wish them well in
using it.