From: Krzysztof Jusiak (krzysztof_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-11-27 21:09:47

FYI, [Boost].UT (since v1.1.2) has relaxed the standard requirement to
C++17 (although some limitations apply depending on the standard/compiler
combination).

In general, source_location is available since C++20, however, the builtin
functionality powering it (__builtin_FILE(), __builtin_LINE()) is available
since GCC-9/Clang-9.

Therefore, now:
* [Boost].UT with Clang/GCC >= 9 and with either C++17 or C++20 works as
expected (although with C++17 it uses compiler builtin designed for C++20
source_location)
* [Boost].UT with Clang/GCC < 9 and with either C++17 or C++20 still
compiles/`works`, however, the file/line in assertion won't be propagated

Also, MSVC-2019 doesn't support source_location yet neither with /std:C++20
nor with /std:C++latest, hence, the file/line is also not propagated yet.

Example here -> https://godbolt.org/z/XNgMdN

-Kris